The employer must provide a log book for each crane or Masco Crane and Hoist hoist operating at their work site, regardless of its capacity.
Log books contain the units’ history and information for the safe operation of your crane.
Log books should also contain the following:
- Crane manufacture date and company
- Inspection reports
- Work reports
- In house modifications or repairs performed on in the unit
- Damage modification
- Relative manuals
- General safety information specific to the unit and the company
- Stamped engineer drawings
When Masco performs any repairs or inspections we will forward to your company the work reports/inspection reports for inclusion in your log books.
If you do not have a log book, we will supply your company with a new one.
The employer must ensure that:
- The log book can be inspected at any time
- The same log book is continued and maintained for each crane/hoist
- When the equipment is sold, the log book is transferred to the new owner
Before operating a lifting device, the operator should:
- Read the log book
- Be advised of all known defects or equipment deficiencies
- Be advised of any repairs, modifications or inspections done recently on the crane/hoist
- Become familiar with recent log book entries